Whether you want espresso, drip, french press or anything in between, this single grinder can handle it all. Baratza's groundbreaking Vario-W Coffee Grinder uses real-time weight-based grinding with a built-in electronic scale. With its dual cam stepped adjustment system you can easily and repeatedly switch between a wide range of grind sizes, with a total of 230 individual settings. Set the weight you want and the Vario-W does the rest - weighing the ground coffee to within 0.1 gram, while grinding and stopping automatically. Three programmable buttons make for easy and repeatable grinding.
The Vario-W's 54mm ceramic flat burrs allow for a narrow particle distribution (lack of fines) and a broad range of grinds (230 to 1150 microns). Ceramic burrs last up to 2 times longer than steel burrs and also transfer less heat to the coffee, making for clearer flavor in the cup.
The removable hopper has an innovative bean shutoff feature which makes changing out beans easy, mess-free and with very little bean waste. The hopper holds approximately 10 ounces (300g) of coffee, but a hopper extension is available that can add an additional 9 ounces (250g) of capacity.
Driving the Vario-W is a powerful DE motor that turns slowly, resulting in cool, quiet operation, and permits expanded grinding time for when you need to make a big batch of drip or are hosting a party and want to show off your barista skills.
- 54mm flat ceramic burr
- Accurate grind for any style of coffee
- Digital time-based grinding system
- LCD touch-screen user interface
- Three programmable buttons
- 10 macro/20 micro steps for 230 individual settings
- Removable hopper with bean shutoff for easy bean swap out
- Powerful, high torque DC motor
- Includes a calibration tool and removable burrs for easy cleaning
- Designed by Baratza in Seattle
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Height: 14.3"
- Width: 4.5"
- Depth: 7.3"
- Weight: 9 pounds
- Voltage: 120V
- Power: 180W
- Burr speed: 1350 RPM
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 10 oz
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 5 oz
- Grind speed: 1.6 - 2.2 g/sec
- Grind range: 230 to 1150 microns